Join Beaver Hollow Farm as we take a stroll through the beautiful Pocahontas State Park.
Trail rides are offered March 15th - June 30th and September 15th - December 15th.
Hours for Scheduled Trail Rides - We do not keep our horses saddled and ready to go out. ALL trail rides MUST be scheduled in advance!
- Friday - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Saturday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Sunday - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
We are sure you are aware but, we would be remiss if we didn't mention the inherent dangers of riding horses. To make your experience as fun and safe as possible, the following are requirements. (Non-negotiable....safety first!)
- Payment in FULL, must be made prior to your ride. If someone in your party is a no-show, we are so sorry. We do not refund no-shows.
- 1 Hour - $100 and $25 for each 1/2 hour after the first hour.
- You must make a non-refundable $100 payment per rider in your group. Your deposit is good for 6 months and you can reschedule due to weather or illness. We require at least 24 hours notice, in advance of your scheduled ride time, or there will be no refund.
- Maximum Number of Riders - While we would love to accommodate huge parties, we must limit the number of riders for safety reasons. We cannot take anymore than 5 riders at a time.
- 1-3 riders will have 1 trail guide
- 4-5 riders will have 2 trail guides
- A free lesson is included with your trail ride. Remember, we want you to have a GREAT time! Our goal, with the lesson, is to ensure that you can handle the horse and it also gives us the ability to make adjustments to your saddle. The trail ride will begin when the guide is ready to start.
- Age & Weight Requirements
- Riders must be 14 years or older.
- Riders weight cannot exceed 225lbs.
- Clothing Requirements
- Closed toe shoes - horse hooves and open toe stilettos are not a good combination! Your toes will thank you!
- Full-length pants - shorts are great but you will get saddle burn in places you don't want saddle burn.
- You must arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled ride. Late time will be deducted from the purchased time.
- Please come down to the barn and park. Go past the house and follow the driveway all the way to the barn.
- We love our four-legged hoofed friends and we won't take them out if the temperature is greater than 85 degrees. Please contact Wilbur to reschedule if the temperature is greater than 85 degrees.
- Everyone in your party is required to sign a waiver.
- Head Safety
- We want everyone to enjoy their ride and take care of their noggin in case of a fall. If the rider is 14-21 years old, they MUST wear a helmet. If you have a riding helmet, feel free to bring it with you. Otherwise, we will provide you with a great noggin-protecting helmet.
- Pay Now via PayPal:
Where Families Come to Enjoy Horses!